About the Crystal Palace of Madrid design
Today I am drawing and embroidering the amazing Green House of the Crystal Palace of Madrid. In this video you will see my entire process from the sketch, transferring my drawing into the fabric with carbon paper, and stitching the embroidery. I use simple stitches, I variate the amount of strands and colors to create beautiful contrast and voilà !
Below is a full process video of the Crystal Palace of Madrid design to give you more support and an invitation to the soothing experience of embroidering this pattern.
Embroidery stitches used in this pattern:
- Back stitch
- Satin stitch
- Split stitch
- French knot
Materials you need to complete this embroidery design:
- 🖼️ Cotton canvas (or any non-stretch and non-transparent cotton fabric such as Duck canvas 7oz)
- 🖼️ Embroidery hoop of 15cm (6“)
- 🎨Embroidery needle (We love to use 1-5 Bohin France or DMC needles)
- 🧵 Embroidery floss (DMC colour codes are indicated on your pattern pdf)
- ✂️ Scissor
- 📝 Carbon paper for transfer (Alternatively solvy paper, iron-on pen or any other transfer method of your preference)
- 🖊️ Pointy ball point pen
- 📏 Optional: Small ruler
Here is an article with more information about the various materials that we use.
→ Included in your pattern pdf is a video tutorial on how to transfer our architectural hand embroidery designs with carbon paper.
→ Upon purchase you will also receive an invitation to our supportive Private Facebook community that is available only for stitchers of our designs and courses.
Learn more with online courses
Are you keen to dive deeper into the Architectural hand embroidery style?
Then you’d want to have a look at our in depth Architectural hand embroidery and thread painting courses on Charles and Elin Academy!
In addition to courses on Architectural designs we also offer other inspiring courses to support you on your exploration of modern hand embroidery.