Wisteria Love design
The Wisteria Love embroidery pattern is the perfect pocket size project to bring in your handbag. The design is stitched in two layers, starting with the window, shutters and stonewall. Followed by filling stitches for the shutters and of course the most important: the florals!
Embroidery stitches used in this pattern:
- Back stitch
- French Knot
- Straight Stitch
- Split Stitch
Materials you need to complete this embroidery design:
- 🖼️ Cotton canvas (or any non-stretch and non-transparent cotton fabric such as Duck canvas 7oz)
- 🖼️ Embroidery hoop of 10cm (4“)
- 🎨Embroidery needle (We love to use 1-5 Bohin France or DMC needles)
- 🧵 Embroidery floss (DMC colour codes are indicated on your pattern pdf)
- ✂️ Scissor
- 📝 Carbon paper for transfer (Alternatively solvy paper, iron-on pen or any other transfer method of your preference)
- 🖊️ Pointy ball point pen
- 📏 Optional: Small ruler
Here is an article with more information about the various materials that we use.
→ Included in your pattern pdf is a video tutorial on how to transfer our architectural hand embroidery designs with carbon paper.
→ Upon purchase you will also receive an invitation to our supportive Private Facebook community that is available only for stitchers of our designs and courses.
Learn more with online courses
Are you keen to dive deeper into the Architectural hand embroidery style?
Then you’d want to have a look at our in depth Architectural hand embroidery and threadpainting courses on Charles and Elin Academy!
In addition to courses on Architectural designs we also offer other inspiring courses to support you on your exploration of modern hand embroidery.