Story of the La Seine of Paris design
This design captures one of the iconic views over la Seine in Paris. Follow the channel for a beautiful stroll and you will see numerous charming boat homes like in this pattern.Whether you are a boat lover or not, these floating homes certainly adds charm to the city buzz.
The buildings in the background (stitched with single stranded back stitches) are located on Île Saint Louis in the 4th arrondissement. It’s an island located in the middle of la Seine in central Paris, and a must to visit!
Embroidery stitches used in this pattern:
- Back stitch
- Satin stitch
- Split stitch
- Straight Stitch
Materials you need to complete this embroidery design:
- 🖼️ Cotton canvas (or any non-stretch and non-transparent cotton fabric such as Duck canvas 7oz)
- 🖼️ Embroidery hoop of 15cm (6“)
- 🎨Embroidery needle (We love to use 1-5 Bohin France or DMC needles)
- 🧵 Embroidery floss (DMC colour codes are indicated on your pattern pdf)
- ✂️ Scissor
- 📝 Carbon paper for transfer (Alternatively solvy paper, iron-on pen or any other transfer method of your preference)
- 🖊️ Pointy ball point pen
- 📏 Optional: Small ruler
Here is an article with more information about the various materials that we use.
→ Included in your pattern pdf is a video tutorial on how to transfer our architectural hand embroidery designs with carbon paper.
→ Upon purchase you will also receive an invitation to our supportive Private Facebook community that is available only for stitchers of our designs and courses.
Learn more with online courses
Are you keen to dive deeper into the Architectural hand embroidery style?
Then you’d want to have a look at our in depth Architectural hand embroidery and threadpainting courses on Charles and Elin Academy!
In addition to courses on Architectural designs we also offer other inspiring courses to support you on your exploration of modern hand embroidery.