Story of the Hidden Courtyard, Paris design
Paris is full of secret places. Take the opportunity to embroider Hidden Courtyard of Paris to discover one of the joys hidden in the courtyard of a residence in the Latin Quarter.
First of all, we offer you a new challenge by transferring onto black fabric. This allows you to focus on the colors, and you will get a nice contrast. In addition we have made an article on how to embroider on black fabric which you can read here. Also you will be working on a wide palette of colors, stitches and depth of field.
Embroidery stitches used in this pattern:
- Back stitch
- Satin stitch
- Split stitch
- French knot
Materials you need to complete this embroidery design:
- 🖼️ Cotton canvas (or any non-stretch and non-transparent cotton fabric such as Duck canvas 7oz)
- 🖼️ Embroidery hoop of 18cm (7“)
- 🎨Embroidery needle (We love to use 1-5 Bohin France or DMC needles)
- 🧵 Embroidery floss (DMC colour codes are indicated on your pattern pdf)
- ✂️ Scissor
- 📝 Carbon paper for transfer (Alternatively solvy paper, iron-on pen or any other transfer method of your preference)
- 🖊️ Pointy ball point pen
- 📏 Optional: Small ruler
Here is an article with more information about the various materials that we use.
→ Included in your pattern pdf is a video tutorial on how to transfer our architectural hand embroidery designs with carbon paper.
→ Upon purchase you will also receive an invitation to our supportive Private Facebook community that is available only for stitchers of our designs and courses.
Learn more with online courses
Are you keen to dive deeper into the Architectural hand embroidery style?
Then you’d want to have a look at our in depth Architectural hand embroidery and threadpainting courses on Charles and Elin Academy!
In addition to courses on Architectural designs we also offer other inspiring courses to support you on your exploration of modern hand embroidery.