The Flatiron Building design
The embroidery pattern of Flatiron building had to get its place in the New York series . Now you are able to stitch it as the #3 design in the New York City collection set.
For enhanced support, don’t miss to watch the full process video on Youtube:
Embroidery stitches used in this pattern:
- Back stitch
- Straight Stitch
Materials you need to complete this embroidery design:
- 🖼️ Cotton canvas (or any non-stretch and non-transparent cotton fabric such as Duck canvas 7oz)
- 🖼️ Embroidery hoop of 30cm (12“)
- 🎨Embroidery needle (We love to use 1-5 Bohin France or DMC needles)
- 🧵 Embroidery floss (DMC colour codes are indicated on your pattern pdf)
- ✂️ Scissor
- 📝 Carbon paper for transfer (Alternatively solvy paper, iron-on pen or any other transfer method of your preference)
- 🖊️ Pointy ball point pen
- 📏 Optional: Small ruler
Here is an article with more information about the various materials that we use.
→ Included in your pattern pdf is a video tutorial on how to transfer our architectural hand embroidery designs with carbon paper.
→ Upon purchase you will also receive an invitation to our supportive Private Facebook community that is available only for stitchers of our designs and courses.
Learn more with online courses
Are you keen to dive deeper into the Architectural hand embroidery style?
Then you’d want to have a look at our in depth Architectural hand embroidery and threadpainting courses on Charles and Elin Academy!
In addition to courses on Architectural designs we also offer other inspiring courses to support you on your exploration of modern hand embroidery.